BROOKLYN FLEA MOVES TO NEW CROWN HEIGHTS WINTER/HOLIDAY LOCATION; BERG’N LAUNCHES WEEKEND BRUNCH, HAPPY HOUR, DJ NIGHTS
100+ Vendors Take Over Huge Ground Floor at 1000 Dean with Best Vendor Lineup Yet; Connected Inside to Berg’n; Beer Hall Now Features Weekend Brunch, Bar + Food Happy Hour, Private Events, Saturday-Night DJs with Au Revoir Simone’s Erika Spring, Edan, More.
Brooklyn Flea is going all-in on Crown Heights this winter, as it moves to a new indoor location at 1000 Dean Street every weekend starting November 8+9 through March 2015. Connected indoors to the Flea and Smorgasburg’s new 9,000 square-foot Berg’n beer hall and food court, the Winter Flea and holiday market will occupy three distinct spaces on the ground floor of 1000 Dean: a 20,000 square-foot sprawling main space, a gorgeous 3,500 square-foot arcade-style hallway, and an 8,000 square-foot former loading dock. All four spaces (including Berg’n) are interconnected indoors, on the ground floor of the building that the Flea offices now call home (on the fourth floor).
This winter also finds the Flea continuing the process—started earlier this year—of refining its lineup to showcase vendors who sell world-class vintage, antique, and salvage furniture, clothing, and decorative items. Two showroom-style areas will feature multiple vendors creating a single selling space that displays their wares in a sophisticated and relevant setting. In addition, the loading-dock area will host about a dozen food vendors each weekend (a “mini-Smorg” of sorts) and a huge trove of vintage furniture and salvage items. The arcade will feature 10-15 packaged-food vendors, including Ovenly, Leckerlee (whose German-style “lebkuchen” are an annual holiday hit), and other special guest vendors. Plus, the Winter Flea will offer a coat and stroller check for all shoppers!
As Berg’n enters its second month (the opening was Aug. 27), several additions are on tap:
- Reservations/events in the private dining room as well as holiday-party bookings are now available, via [email protected].
- Weekly Saturday-night DJs, including: Erika Spring (of Au Revoir Simone), Oct. 25; Edan, Nov. 1; and Ryan Naideau (of Nude Beach), Nov. 15. The full lineup is here.
- Happy Hour, Tuesday-Friday, 4-7pm: $2 off drafts, $5 off large-format bottled beers; $4 Brooklyn Lager, Pacifico, and Budweiser bottles.
- Weekend Brunch, 10am-4pm: Highlights include Pizza Moto’s butter-and-jam breakfast pizza; Ramen Burger’s bacon, egg, and cheese on a ramen bun; Asia Dog’s sausage, egg, and cheese on a roll; and Bloody Marys and Aperol Spritz’s at the bar.
- World Series and Sunday NFL games on the large projector screen in the back room.
- A selection of cheeses from Crown Finish Caves, the brand-new cheese makers located literally next door to Berg’n, will be available soon.
New photos of all markets and Berg’n are available upon request.