Foundry has been a dream in the making for owner and creator, Yvette Freeman. Half of the brother-sister team of Freeman Development Group, a boutique real estate development firm that has been developing flagship properties in the District for over ten years, Yvette Freeman has recently launched FOUNDRY: Past, Present & Possible, a Parisian Flea Market in the hottest furniture design district in the U Street corridor of Washington, DC.
Known for her “little black dress” design philosophy, FOUNDRY brings unique vintage, industrial and reclaimed statement pieces to the 1522 U ST NW location and positively completes any homes décor.
Today we’re excited that Yvette Freeman has shared some awesome items for our Decorating on a Dime series – check these out!
Purchases – All for Sale at Foundry
1. Industrial Restaurant Shelves
- cut and mounted on galvanized metal and wheels
- found at restaurant liquidation sale in Washington, DC
- Good for living room shelving, bookshelves or playroom.
- For sale at Foundry for $525
2. Antique Army Footlocker Drawers
- assembled in galvanized sheet metal casing
- Found: bought at a “container auction” in Pennsylvania
For: clothing or bath storage or entryway or hallway
- Available at Foundry for $295
- Circa 1950’s
- Found at an estate liquidation in Atlanta, GA
- For: decorative – good for theme or game rooms.
- Available at Foundry for $2.00 a piece.
- Circa 1960’s – 1970’s
- Great for bar wear and bathroom accessories (bath soap and bath salts)
- Available at Foundry. Price range: $20-$60
- Mid-century chair frames with upholstered cowhide
- Found: Chair frames found at online auction (Auction Zip) and cowhide bought from an organic farmer in Greenville, SC.
- Available at Foundry for $700
Yvette Freeman is a designer and owner of Foundry in Washington, DC.
If you are not in the DC Metro area, check us out on Etsy, our ever changing inventory is posted daily so look in often.
You can also visit us on Facebook