You’ve scheduled your tag sale event but it’s more than a week before your sale will take place and even the best Meteorologist can’t promise you perfect weather.
Here are some tips and advice for ensuring a successful sale regardless of the weather:
- Schedule a rain date, if your sale is scheduled for a Saturday and rain is forecasted, be sure your “Plan B” is to get your sale in on Sunday, or the following weekend.
- Successful garage sales work because they’re well organized and planned. If you’re prepared for the weather and clearly advertise dates and rain dates, your sale will be successful regardless of which weekend day it’s on.
- Many people tell us that more people come out and shop on overcast days, avoiding shopping adventures on hot and sunny days – they’re probably at the beach or a good flea market!
- If you can run your sale in the rain, be sure it’s well covered so your items do not get wet – or your shoppers. Do what you can to keep the most of stuff inside. People won’t melt when it rains, but it’s just no fun trudging through wet and muddy yards.
- Lastly, we noted in our “Ultimate Garage Sale Guide” that you should be familiar with your homeowner’s insurance policy because of public liabilities. More accidents happen when things are wet and slippery, so be sure you’re covered to avoid legal drama.
- Keep a big smile on your face, greet your visitors and thank them for coming by!
Something you can do for free is to list your items on Tagsellit.com and be sure to note that on your advertisements. This is a great way to get some early sales and items cleared out, regardless of the weather