Happy August! Summer Flea Market fun is in full swing around the country and we’ve got some hot events to tell you about in this week’s flea market news roundup! Remember, if you own or manage a Flea Market event, you can add it to our directory and we’ll include your event details on our App, too! If you have news updates about your Flea Market or would like to promote an upcoming event, please feel free to contact us for more information.
- Illinois – The 37th annual Wheaton All Night Flea Market returns to the DuPage County Fairgrounds (2015 Manchester Road) from 4 PM on Saturday, August 17th through 4 AM on Sunday, August 18th. Cadaverous cast dismembers of Count Gregula’s Crypt vill be first time guests at this unique flea market for 2013!
- New York – About 50 vendors from the Canton Flea Market in New York united on Monday this week to keep the flea market open due to an owner eviction dispute. More details on the Flea Market’s future will be known after August 3rd.
- Michigan – An epic Flea Market and Classic Car Show event comes together on September 8th at the former site of the Summit Place Mall in Waterford, Michigan. Vendors are still welcome to signup for the event and anyone interested can learn more by checking out the event’s website or by calling 248.599.2461.
- Washington D.C. – Organizers of the Brooklyn Flea are expanding their success in with their NYC events by testing the waters in Washington D.C., dubbing it the “District Flea.” The flea market is scheduled to open this fall in the U Street Corridor. According to their website, the flea market will feature antique and repurposed furniture, vintage clothing, collectibles and antiques as well as a tightly curated selection of jewelry, art and crafts by artisans from around DC, New York, Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Los Angeles, California – July 28th was the debut of the new Downtown Flea Market in LA. that is open the last Sunday of each month. The Downtown Flea takes place in four lots along Spring Street and there is a $5 admission charge.
Some celebrity buzz this week! 12-Year-old Singer and Actor, Willow Smith, was spotted shopping a local vintage flea market in Los Angeles this month. Together with a friend, they were sporting some cool styles and enjoying the shopping experience. It’s great to see kids learning about and shopping at flea markets! Brings good memories back to mind when I was a kid shopping flea markets with my younger brother, only we were scouring tables for cool G.I. Joe toys and Matchbox cars before we advanced to collecting Pez Candy dispensers and antique pop bottles, some of which I still have and display today!